- Download and Install Raspberry Pi OS to SD card using Imager. Manually downloading the OS (zip-file), extracting the .img and using that seems to be more reliable than letting the Imager download the OS. https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
- Enable SSH Server: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/ssh/
- Connect Raspberry to Network, find its IP using Angry IP Scanner: https://angryip.org/
- Use PuTTy to start a SSH connection.
user: pi, password: raspberry
- Install ZeroTier VPN Client:
curl -s https://install.zerotier.com | sudo bash
curl -s 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne/master/doc/contact%40zerotier.com.gpg' | gpg --import && \ if z=$(curl -s 'https://install.zerotier.com/' | gpg); then echo "$z" | sudo bash; fi
- Join beerbot_vpn ZeroTier Network:
sudo zerotier-cli join af415e486f9bfe97
- Authorize Client at https://my.zerotier.com/network/af415e486f9bfe97 (Check „Auth“ checkbox)
- Wait until the client is shown to be online and has an IP-address (should take < 1 minute)
- Connect to SSH via VPN now using the Raspberry’s ZeroTier VPN „Managed IP“ (192.168.195.xxx)
- Change user password for user pi from „raspberry“ to something else using the passwd command.